When it comes to baked goods, San Francisco does not mess around. SF is a city that respects both innovation and tradition, something very evident in what you will find in bakeries across the city. These six treats are ones not to miss- well worth waking up early to get them while they’re fresh, and before the bakeries run out! Apologies in advance to anyone trying to stick to their New Year’s resolutions, but honestly you’ll be thanking us after your cruffin-induced come to jesus moment. Now go forth, and savor.
1. Mr. Holmes Bakehouse: The Cruffin
2. Craftsman and Wolves: The Rebel Within
3. Tartine: The Morning Bun
4. Devil’s Teeth Baking Company: The Cinnamon Roll
5. b. Patisserie: The Kouign Amann
6. Neighbor Bakehouse: The Mushroom and Manchego Tart
About the Author // Eliza Dropkin is the newest member of Vantigo. She enjoys live music, good food, and cruising around town in Jerry (the other newest member of Vantigo).