January is already halfway over (can you believe it?) which means two things will be here before you know it: Super Bowl 50 and… Valentine’s Day! If we’re all lucky enough to survive the trafficmageddon predicted, some nice Valentine’s day plans will be in order- be they with your Galentine, your significant other, or 1000 San Franciscans yielding pillows as friendly weapons. If public pillow-fighting isn’t your cup of tea, these eight classic San Francisco date ideas will be sure to please.
1. Hike (or realistically drive) up Twin Peaks with a bottle of wine and every warm layer you own. Just be sure to check the fog forecast!
2. Have an old school San Francisco dinner date at/on Forbes Island. Dressing up encouraged!
3. Take a brunch or dinner cruise on the Bay.
4. Check out Mr.Pollo for a four course Mexican dinner that will only run you ~$20 each.
6. Take the ferry to Sausalito and have dinner at the Barrel House Tavern.
8. Cozy up at Baonecci in North Beach for some authentic Italian pizza.
Does your city have any weird Valentine’s Day traditions? Let us know in the comments!
About the Author // Eliza Dropkin is the newest member of Vantigo. She enjoys live music, good food, and cruising around town in Jerry (the other newest member of Vantigo).